The Girl With The Untrained Eye

A good number of my friends in my social networks fell in love with Tumblr. At the time I learned of it, I already have accounts on similar sites that I didn't find the need to create one.  I didn't see any difference plus I couldn't think of a good use for it. I mean, I have Twitter, Plurk and Facebook for my fits of fangirling... and I have Blogger, LiveJournal and WordPress to serve my blogging needs... Why go on Tumblr?

Well, I stumbled upon Brittani Kline's Tumblr account (which seems to be deactivated now) while I was trying to put myself to sleep by doing some random googling (yes, it's my online version of channel surfing).  I liked how she created her site: it had a mesh of photos and all things about her life after winning America's Next Top Model Cycle 16. Another random google search revealed that Katie Leung (a.k.a. Cho Chang from the Harry Potter movies) also has a Tumblr account in which she posts all the photos she has taken.  I remembered that she pursued her interest in photography after filming the movies and I love what she posted so far.  Then, it clicked: I felt the need to create an account and use it as my photo blog.  Aside from reading books, I consider photography to be my other love.  While I wouldn't call myself a professional, my photographer friends constantly tease me to get a DSLR because of the shots I've taken; some of which are featured on the banner for this site and they were not taken using a DSLR.

Armed with that resolve, it took me around 30 minutes to create everything -- from the blog title to the first post -- and I felt happy after.  To date, I've posted around 9 photos and even changed the site's layout.  This is what my Tumblr blog looks like:


I guess it is safe to say that I will constantly update my Tumblr as often as I could.  I still have a good number of photos in my archives that I haven't shared and I don't think I'll ever stop taking them.  So if you have a Tumblr account, you can follow me here. And if you're curious about my title for this blog post, click here.

Now, what to do with my WordPress account... Hmmm... =P

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum